This tea offers a delicate infusion of tea leaves of the green, black, and jasmine variety. The leaves used to create this tea blend have been cultivated in the tea plantations of the Dimbula district in Ceylon and Jiangxi province in southern China. They have been carefully cultivated and infused to offer a drink, the soothing of black, and the sweet aroma of jasmine to create a uniquely rejuvenating cup of tea.
Our Blend of Green, Black and Jasmine Afternoon Tea offers a drink that is mellow, crisp and subtle yet highly refreshing. It’s ideal for unwinding in the middle of the afternoon and for adding some variety to the day. Recognized as a specialty tea, it’s ideal for when you want to explore a new taste to a conventional black tea and indulge in the produced by green and jasmine tea leaves at the same time.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE
- The golden rule about water temperature is never use boiling water on the tea, whatever kind of tea you are making.
- Green Teas require water at 70°C and black teas require water at 85-90°C.
- These days you can get kettles which enable you to choose your water temperature.
THE AMOUNT OF TEA
- Custom dictates that 4 grams are sufficient for one cup. But the amount is partly a matter of preference.
- In the case of Assam tea, which is naturally very robust, you might want to reduce the strength and brew 3 grams instead of 4.
THE BREWING TIME
- This is a very important step in the art of tea-making. In fact, the brewing time varies depending on the type of tea. An over-brewed black tea will develop a bitter taste whilst an under-brewed white tea will be flat and insipid.
- Black teas are normally brewed for 2-3 minutes, green teas for 3 – 4 minutes. It is a good idea to check the brewing time before making the tea, because some teas need to be infused for very specific times: for example, Jade Pearl is left to infuse for 7 – 20 minutes, whilst Oolong tea will need 5 – 7 minutes for its bouquet to develop fully.
- Brewing is normally done with a lid on, so that the tea retains all its aromas.