Sweet tasting and packed with Family Happiness Flowering Tea .This WellTea will bring light and joy into your home thanks to the wonderful display that takes place every time a bud is added to boiled water.
Over the two to three minutes it takes to brew, the bud will unfurl to release the family of jasmine and lily flowers that are locked inside on a bed of green tea leaves. This creates an underwater bouquet and releases their flower fragrance to delight the nostrils as well as the eyes.
Along with jasmine and lily flowers, Family Happiness Flowering Tea contains mao feng green tea leaves cultivated from the plantations of Hulin in the province of Fujian, China. This region is renowned among tea lovers for its abundant sunshine and cool temperatures, which make it the idyllic place to grow green tea.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE
- The golden rule about water temperature is never use boiling water on the tea, whatever kind of tea you are making.
- Green Teas require water at 70°C and black teas require water at 85-90°C.
- These days you can get kettles which enable you to choose your water temperature.
THE AMOUNT OF TEA
- Custom dictates that 4 grams are sufficient for one cup. But the amount is partly a matter of preference.
- In the case of Assam tea, which is naturally very robust, you might want to reduce the strength and brew 3 grams instead of 4.
THE BREWING TIME
- This is a very important step in the art of tea-making. In fact, the brewing time varies depending on the type of tea. An over-brewed black tea will develop a bitter taste whilst an under-brewed white tea will be flat and insipid.
- Black teas are normally brewed for 2-3 minutes, green teas for 3 – 4 minutes. It is a good idea to check the brewing time before making the tea, because some teas need to be infused for very specific times: for example, Jade Pearl is left to infuse for 7 – 20 minutes, whilst Oolong tea will need 5 – 7 minutes for its bouquet to develop fully.
- Brewing is normally done with a lid on, so that the tea retains all its aromas.