- Veuillez choisir les options de produit en navigant sur Family Happiness Flowering Green Tea.
Peony tea has been one of the most popular tea in China for centuries. The Chinese name for Green Flowering Tea is Green Peony tea (in Chinese ‘Lu Mu Dan’). Its popularity has since spread all around the world, with tea connoisseurs everywhere sitting down to enjoy a soothing cup of Peony Flowering Green Tea in the morning and afternoon combined with a beautiful display of colour in their glass teapot.
As well as being attractive and refreshing to drink, Peony Flowing Green Tea offers many benefits, as with all teas made from green tea leaves.
Our Peony Flowering Tea is made from Huangshan Maofeng leaves which are picked in spring. Once picked, the leaves are tied together by hand to create elegant rosettes.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE
- The golden rule about water temperature is never to use boiling water on the tea, whatever kind of tea you are making.
- Green Teas require water at 70°C and black teas require water at 85-90°C.
- These days you can get kettles which enable you to choose your water temperature.
THE AMOUNT OF TEA
- Custom dictates that 4 grams are sufficient for one cup. But the amount is partly a matter of preference.
- In the case of Assam tea, which is naturally very robust, you might want to reduce the strength and brew 3 grams instead of 4.
THE BREWING TIME
- This is a very important step in the art of tea-making. In fact, the brewing time varies depending on the type of tea. An over-brewed black tea will develop a bitter taste whilst an under-brewed white tea will be flat and insipid.
- Black teas are normally brewed for 2-3 minutes, green teas for 3 – 4 minutes. It is a good idea to check the brewing time before making the tea because some teas need to be infused for very specific times: for example, Jade Pearl is left to infuse for 7 – 20 minutes, whilst Oolong tea will need 5 – 7 minutes for its bouquet to develop fully.
- Brewing is normally done with a lid on, so that the tea retains all its aromas.