If you’d like to bring a ray of sunshine and happiness into your home, a cup of WellTea’s Premium Family Happiness Flowering Tea offer the perfect way to brighten your day. A synthesis of lily and jasmine, when its buds are added to a hot glass teapot they open up to release the lily petals and create an elegant display for the whole family to enjoy.
The green leaves of Premium Family Happiness Flowering Tea were picked on the tea plantations of Hulin, in the Fujin province of China. This area is well known among WellTea customers for its subtropical monsoon climate and exceptional amount of sunshine, with 1840 hours of sunlight every year. It’s these idyllic conditions that allow the jasmine green tea leaves to grow and to release the mood raising powers of sunshine when served in a pot with lily leaves.
Our Premium Family Happiness Flowering Tea can be resteeped up to three times, enabling you to experience its flower scented aroma .
THE WATER TEMPERATURE
- The golden rule about water temperature is never to use boiling water on the tea, whatever kind of tea you are making.
- Green Teas require water at 70°C and black teas require water at 85-90°C.
- These days you can get kettles which enable you to choose your water temperature.
THE AMOUNT OF TEA
- Custom dictates that 4 grams are sufficient for one cup. But the amount is partly a matter of preference.
- In the case of Assam tea, which is naturally very robust, you might want to reduce the strength and brew 3 grams instead of 4.
THE BREWING TIME
- This is a very important step in the art of tea-making. In fact, the brewing time varies depending on the type of tea. An over-brewed black tea will develop a bitter taste whilst an under-brewed white tea will be flat and insipid.
- Black teas are normally brewed for 2-3 minutes, green teas for 3 – 4 minutes. It is a good idea to check the brewing time before making the tea because some teas need to be infused for very specific times: for example, Jade Pearl is left to infuse for 7 – 20 minutes, whilst Oolong tea will need 5 – 7 minutes for its bouquet to develop fully.
- Brewing is normally done with a lid on so that the tea retains all its aromas.